Virtual Spring 2021 Session 1 & 2 Registration Information
Session 1: February 1 - March 12, 2021
Session 2: March 22 - April 30, 2021
Registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis from Monday, December 14th at 11am for all users. Please read below "How to register?" to find out your "User Type." You must be 18 years or older to register.
Early registration is strongly recommended – classes fill quickly. Registration is secured through receipt of payment and completed forms. You will not be able to pay for another individual’s registration.
Multi-class registration discount: Get 50% off our lecture-based classes Revisiting Curators, Conservators and the Ceramic Object; Fired Up Redux! and Setting Up Your Own Studio course when you register for one or more of our 6-week hands-on making classes. Please email Ji-Eun Kim to receive a discount.
Harvard Employees: Please note that for Spring 2021 registration, you may use your TAP benefit for Revisiting Curators, Conservators and the Ceramic Object, Fired Up Redux and Setting Up Your Own Studio courses only. Please email Ji-Eun Kim with any questions or completed TAP form.
Online Registration and Policies
How to register?
- Click on "Login or Create Your Account" button above
- When creating a new account, choose correct user type. See below
- Adult Community: General Public; Harvard alumni, fellows, Harvard Extension School students, and faculty/staff who are not TAP-eligible; students from universities other than Harvard
- Harvard Employees eligible for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): TAP regular (employees worked less than 15 years) and TAP long service (employees who worked 15 or more years at Harvard).
- Harvard College Undergraduate Students: Currently enrolled students at Harvard College. This does not include Harvard Extension School Undergraduate Students. You must register with your Harvard email – we can arrange for an alternative email to be used for class after registration is complete.
- Harvard Graduate Students: Currently enrolled students in a Harvard University Graduate Program. This does not include Harvard Extension School Graduate Students or Harvard University Doctoral Candidates.
- On your top left column, Click "Virtual Spring 2021 Courses" to view classes, or click "The Artist's Studio - individual Events" to view the series, or click "Visiting Artist Workshop" to view workshops.
- Click on the class/workshop/series of your interest, then click on "Register Now" or "Add to Waitlist". Follow the prompts to make a payment. To find out the fee info, click on the course # under "section" colunm.
Questions about registration, accessibility, and employee assistance programs such as TAP: contact Ji-Eun Kim, Administrative Coordinator.
Questions regarding course content: email Kathy King, Director
Access to the Ceramics Program studio is limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Access to Class Materials: Your course fees cover instruction only. Students are responsible for supplying their own materials and tools. Please review the "Suggested/Optional Materials List" for the class you are registering for. The Ceramics Program offers a selection of clay, tools, and other materials for local pickup and purchase, or participants may choose to order from their local supplier of choice.
Glazing and firing services: Participants who are able to travel to the Ceramics Program studio may choose to have work bisque and glaze-fired at a rate of 3 cents per cubic inch for bisque firing and 3 cents per cubic inch for glazing firing. Instructions for scheduling contactless pickup and drop-off of work to be fired will be emailed to enrolled students after the start of classes. Participants who choose to have work fired by the Ceramics Program will receive an invoice for these services at the end of the term.
Online Class Access: Once you have registered for a course, you will receive an email with details on how to access your class via Zoom and Google Classroom. In order to participate in these courses, you will need to have access to a computer (or tablet or smartphone) with a camera, and an internet connection. You will need to download Zoom before the first class. New to using Zoom? Here are the specific system requirements needed to run Zoom. We are not responsible for the performance of your computer, tablet, phone or internet connection.
Refunds: All requests for refunds must be made in writing via email to Ji-Eun Kim, Administrative Coordinator. Requests must be received one week prior to the first day of class to be considered for a full refund. Written requests received less than a week and at least one day prior to the first class will receive a 75 percent refund. No refunds will be issued after the first class.
Missed Class policy: The Ceramics Program will make every effort to provide make-up classes for those missed due to studio closings; however, is not responsible for issuing reimbursements or providing make-up classes for those missed due to illnesses, substitute teachers, or other events beyond our control. We do not prorate for missed classes.
Late Registration: For this 6 week session, registration is permitted up to the first week of class if there are spaces available. We do not prorate for late registration.
Class Cancellations: The Ceramics Program has the right to cancel classes with inadequate enrollment. Students will be notified as soon as possible and given the opportunity to transfer to another class. In the event that an alternative class can not be chosen a refund will be issued.
Return Checks: Checks returned due to insufficient funds will be charged a $35 fee.
The Ceramics Program is not liable for damage or loss of ceramic work or personal property.
Liability Release: Registered students will need to agree to the following, "I realize that my participation in the Ceramics Program may involve some risk of personal injury and damage to the studio property: therefore, I assume all risks related to these activities and release Harvard, its directors, officers and employees from all resulting liability from personal injury and property damage."
Studio Guidelines: N/A