Welcome, Harvard Class of 2025!
The First-Year Arts Program, producecd by the Office for the Arts with the Dean of Students Office, covers seven artistic disciplines, consisting of Creative Writing, Dance, Drama, Film, Music, Studio Arts and Theater Design. This year, the program's usual one week intensive program will be spread over two weeks (August 2-13) to allow for an easier pace of entry. If you are interested in participating, please email Dana Knox.
- 17 Upperclass Proctors have created an active summer social calendar that encourages First-Years to get to know each other, campus student arts leaders and arts faculty and staff
- Masterclasses: seven 90 minute classes with our professionally working alumni Resident Artists
- Keynote Dialogues: several 90 minute moderated discussions and Q&A’s with nationally renowned artists
- Workshops: thirty smaller form classes that focus on specialty hands-on art making taught by faculty, staff, and alumni
Getting to know Harvard
- Involvement Opportunities: how to get engaged with curricular and extracurricular art making opportunities on campus
- The First-Year Musical: a 60 minute info session with last year’s creative team about what the First-Year Musical is, how to get involved, how they created their show and how they adapted to transition the show into an online format