Welcome, Harvard Class of 2026!
The First-Year Arts Program, producecd by the Office for the Arts with the Dean of Students Office, covers seven artistic disciplines, consisting of Creative Writing, Dance, Drama, Film, Music, Studio Arts and Theater Design. This year's program takes place August 19-25 and we couldn't be more excited about the lineup.
- Masterclasses: 90-minute classes with our professionally working alumni Resident Artists
- Keynote Dialogues: several 90-minute moderated discussions and Q&As with nationally renowned artists
- Workshops: smaller form classes that focus on specialty hands-on art making taught by faculty, staff, and alumni
Getting to know Harvard
- Involvement Opportunities: how to get engaged with curricular and extracurricular art making opportunities on campus
- The First-Year Musical: a 60-minute info session with last year’s creative team about what the First-Year Musical is, how to get involved, how they created their show and how they adapted to transition the show into an online format