Publicity offered by The Harvard Box Office:
- Harvard Box Office bulletin boards. Create posters for your event and we'll post them. Confirm ticket prices and all other details are listed correctly on posters. Include the box office information on the poster using the image logo we provide you. (Hours: 12noon – 6pm, Tuesday - Saturday, Phone: 617-496-2222, Smith Campus Center, 1350 Mass Ave.) Give us 4 posters to display on the bulletin boards we maintain at the Smith Campus Center and Sanders Theatre. Drop off at the Harvard Box Office administrative office, 74 Mt Auburn St.
- Harvard Box Office brochure holder at Sanders Theatre and inside the new location in the Smith Campus Center are available for distribution of materials such as postcards, brochures, and event listings. Drop off materials at the Harvard Box Office administrative office, 74 Mt Auburn St.
- Harvard Gazette Calendar.
- Office for the Arts Events Calendar.
Publicize your event on campus and develop an audience:
- Harvard College Office of Student Life publicity resources.
- The Harvard Crimson - a daily publication. Advertising rates and contact information at or (617) 576-6600.
- Harvard Distribution Services, a division of Harvard Student Agencies, does direct-to-student distribution service for a fee, including mailbox "stuffing."
- Harvard GSAS Bulletin, a monthly newsletter for current student in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences published at the end of each month during the academic year. Submission deadline is the first of the month prior to publication month (i.e. submit October 1st for November issue). E-mail bulletin@fas to submit.
- The Harvard Independent, a weekly publication which comes out on Thursdays.
- The Harvard Magazine a bimonthly publication. Contact Nell Porter Brown (6-6698). Submission deadline is 2 months in advance of the publication.
- Harvard Mail and Print Services offers a number of design and print services including brochures, flyers, posters, digital color printing, and variable data printing.
- Loker Lounge. Bulletin boards are available in Loker Lounge for postering; however, not upstairs in Sanders Theatre or Memorial Hall. Please Do Not Display anyplace other than bulletin boards in the Loker Lounge. Unauthorized postings will result in your student organization being fined.
- Tabling in Annenberg Hall or other Houses. To reserve a table in the back of Annenberg during lunch or dinner, fill out a tabling permit at the First-Year Experience Office. Student organizations can reserve up to two primary and two secondary meal times. Tabling often fills up quickly, so plan ahead for this opportunity. To reserve a table for publicity in a House, contact the appropriate House Administrator.
- Outdoor table tents, offered through Harvard University Dining Services.
- Residential House Newsletters. Contact the respective Assistants to the House Masters for each Residential House.
- Smith Campus Center. There are three large, wall-size bulletin boards for posters within the Center, on the Mt. Auburn Street side.
- The Yard Bulletin, a weekly publication produced by the Dean of Steudents Office published each Friday. Submission deadline is Tuesday at 9AM for inclusion in the Friday issue. Submissions for the Yard Bulletin are welcome and can be emailed to yardnews@fas
- Yard Kiosks, limit to one poster on each face, cleared Mondays and Thursdays. No posters on sidewalks, light poles, fences, gates and the like. No chalking. Student groups may be subject to fine or asked to take responsibility for cleaning the chalking themselves.
- WHRB, Harvard’s radio station. For paid advertisements contact the Station Manager at 5-8138 or email@example.com. WHRB offers Public Service Announcements for events that are free and open to the public. E-mail 30 seconds of copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offer free or discounted tickets to schools, community groups through Phillips Brooks House and other programs.
Off-Campus Promotional Listings
Submit complete show information and event descriptions and/or info as requested by the lister:
- ArtsBoston. Submit event information here.
- Boston.com. Submit event information here.
- Bostoncentral.com. Submit event information here.
- Cambridge Arts Council. Submit event information here.
- The Boston Calendar here.
- Cambridge Patch here.
- Cambridge Chronicle and Cambridge Tab. Promote event information here.
- Somerville Journal here.
- Somerville Patch here.
- Watertown Patch here.
- Watertown Tab here.
- DigBoston. Submit event information here.
- Evenbrite. Log in and create event here.
- Eventful. Log in and add event here.
- HUTV, Harvard Undergraduate televsion. More information here.
- Superpages.com Submit event information here.
- Twitter and Facebook.
- WBUR. Accepts events through ArtsBoston. Submit event information here.
- Visit Massachusetts.com here.