Dates: July 20 - August 10
Days/Times: Mondays, 10:00am - 12:00pm (EST)
Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Instructor: Steve Murphy
Course Description: For those with access to a pottery wheel at home or those happy to observe, this class for intermediate to advanced potters will explore size, form, refinement and surface. The instructor will provide demonstrations based on what forms and/or techniques students would like to improve upon during this class. (4 classes)
Note: The course fee covers instruction only. Participants are responsible for obtaining their own clay or a clay substitute such as homemade salt dough.
If you would like to buy clay from the Harvard Ceramics Studio, please email Ji Eun Kim directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This clay does not come with firing. We do hope to offer firing services in the future.
We have available for pick-up:
- 25 lbs. Amherst Brown Stoneware – Cone 10 $25.00
- 25 lbs. Amherst White Stoneware – Cone 10 $25.00
- 25 lbs. Amherst T1 Sculpture Clay – Cone 10 $25.00
- 25 lbs. Amherst Porcelain – Cone 10 $35.00
You may also consider ordering from a local supplier (Sheffield Pottery, Amherst Pottery Supply or Portland Pottery). Clay work produced in this class may be bisque and glaze-fired at the Ceramics Program at a future date, provided that you register for the semester that coincides with the re-opening of the Ceramics Program studio (TBD).
Course Fees: Free for Harvard College Undergraduate Students, $120 for Harvard Graduate Students, Harvard Employees and Adult Community.
- Adult Community: General Public; Harvard alumni, fellows, Extension School students, and faculty/staff who are not TAP-eligible; students from universities other than Harvard
- Harvard Employees eligible for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): TAP regular (employees worked less than 15 years) and TAP long service (employees who worked 15 or more years at Harvard). Summer Session 1 will not be applying TAP.
- Harvard College Undergraduate Students: Currently enrolled students at Harvard College. This does not include Harvard Extension School Undergraduate Students
- Harvard Graduate Students: Currently enrolled students in a Harvard University Graduate Program. This does not include Harvard Extension School Graduate Students or Harvard University Doctoral Candidates.
Register on-line here!
For questions regarding course content, policies or materials, please contact Director, Kathy King at email@example.com.
For questions regarding registration, please contact Administrative Coordinator, Ji-Eun Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.