Session 1: September 10 - October 15 (6 classes) SPACE STILL AVAIABLE!
Day/Time: Thursdays, 10:00am – 12:00pm (EST)
Level: Beginning - Advanced
Instructor: Claudia Olds Goldie
Make the most out of the time away from the Ceramics Program by exploring paper as a sculptural medium. Create paper prototypes out of cut, rolled, folded and assembled paper. Some wet paper techniques such as embossing and papier-mâché will also be introduced. Students will view virtual demos, engage in class discussions, and have group and individual critique sessions.
With your registration, you will receive access to a Harvard Google Classroom which will feature recordings of each class. In the case you miss a class or would like to review, these recordings will be available for 30 days after the end of the course.
Suggested Materials List:
- Roll of Builder's Paper (from Home Depot or any hardware store)
- Copy paper or any scrap paper
- Elmer’s Glue
- Scotch Tape, Packing Tape or masking tape
- Glue Gun
- 14 ply Chipboard, Bristol board, cardboard, heavy weight paper (cereal boxes, pasta boxes or any packaging material will work as well!)
- X-acto knife and blades
Course Fees: Free for Harvard College Undergraduate Students, $300 for Harvard Graduate Students, Harvard Employees and Adult Community.
- Adult Community: General Public; Harvard alumni, fellows, Harvard Extension School students, and faculty/staff who are not TAP-eligible; students from universities other than Harvard
- Harvard Employees eligible for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): TAP regular (employees worked less than 15 years) and TAP long service (employees who worked 15 or more years at Harvard). We will not be able to accept TAP for Fall 2020.
- Harvard College Undergraduate Students: Currently enrolled students at Harvard College. This does not include Harvard Extension School Undergraduate Students. You must register with your Harvard email – we can arrange for an alternative email to be used for class after registration is complete.
- Harvard Graduate Students: Currently enrolled students in a Harvard University Graduate Program. This does not include Harvard Extension School Graduate Students or Harvard University Doctoral Candidates.
For questions regarding course content, policies or materials, please contact Director, Kathy King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding registration, please contact Administrative Coordinator, Ji-Eun Kim at email@example.com.