Dates: July 20 - August 10 WAITLISTED
Days/Times: Mondays, 6:30pm - 8:30pm (EST)
Level: Beginner - Advanced
Instructor: Ruth Easterbrook
Course description: Join 2019-20 Artist in Residence, Ruth Easterbrook in exploring hand building with clay (or salt dough) from home. On-line demonstrations will address issues of construction, function and cover a variety of surface decoration techniques. (4 classes)
Suggested Materials List:
- Basic Pottery Tool Kit
- Clay or clay substitute such as air-dried clay, non-hardending oil-based clay or make your own sale dough(2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 1 cup water)
Note: The course fee covers instruction only. Participants are responsible for obtaining their own clay or a clay substitute such as homemade salt dough.
If you would like to buy clay from the Harvard Ceramics Studio, please email Ji Eun Kim directly at email@example.com. Note: This clay does not come with firing. We do hope to offer firing services in the future.
We have available for pick-up:
- 25 lbs. Amherst Brown Stoneware – Cone 10 $25.00
- 25 lbs. Amherst White Stoneware – Cone 10 $25.00
- 25 lbs. Amherst T1 Sculpture Clay – Cone 10 $25.00
- 25 lbs. Amherst Porcelain – Cone 10 $35.00
You may also consider ordering from a local supplier (Sheffield Pottery, Amherst Pottery Supply or Portland Pottery). Clay work produced in this class may be bisque and glaze-fired at the Ceramics Program at a future date, provided that you register for the semester that coincides with the re-opening of the Ceramics Program studio (TBD).
Course Fees: Free for Harvard College Undergraduate Students; $120 for Harvard Graduate Students, Harvard employees and Adult Community.
- Adult Community: General Public; Harvard alumni, fellows, Extension School students, and faculty/staff who are not TAP-eligible; students from universities other than Harvard
- Harvard Employees eligible for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): TAP regular (employees worked less than 15 years) and TAP long service (employees who worked 15 or more years at Harvard). For Summer 2020 Virtual Session 1 - we will not be applying TAP.
- Harvard College Undergraduate Students: Currently enrolled students at Harvard College. This does not include Harvard Extension School Undergraduate Students
- Harvard Graduate Students: Currently enrolled students in a Harvard University Graduate Program. This does not include Harvard Extension School Graduate Students or Harvard University Doctoral Candidates.
Register on-line here!
For questions regarding course content, policies or materials, please contact Director, Kathy King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding registration, please contact Administrative Coordinator, Ji-Eun Kim at email@example.com.