Dates: August 30 - November 15 (12 classes | 14 weeks) - waitlisted for all user types
Day/Time: Tuesdays, 6:30 – 9:30pm
Level: Beginning - Intermediate
Instructor: Stephanie Young
Course Description: Demonstrations, individual critiques, and lots of hands-on time will engage students in learning the basics of wheel throwing, hand building, and surface decoration. Creative approaches to altered and combined elements will provide challenges for more experienced students.
Basic Pottery Tool Kit
Here is the list of available tools and materials at the Ceramics Program. You may also consider ordering from a local supplier (Sheffield Pottery, Amherst Pottery Supply or Portland Pottery). If you have questions, please email Ji-Eun Kim directly at email@example.com.
Course Fees: Demonstrations, individual critiques, and lots of hands-on time will engage students in learning the basics of wheel throwing, hand building, and surface decoration. Creative approaches to altered and combined elements will provide challenges for more experienced students.
Course Fees: $150 for Harvard College Undergraduate Students; $450 for Harvard Graduate Students; $975 for Adult Community for 10 Classes/11 Weeks; Harvard Employee TAP Regular and Long Service - follow instructions in online registration system for pricing.
- Adult Community: 18+, General Public; Harvard alumni, fellows, faculty/staff, and post-docs who are not TAP-eligible; Harvard Extension School students; students from universities other than Harvard
- Harvard Employees eligible for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): TAP regular (employees worked less than 15 years) and TAP long service (employees who worked 15 or more years at Harvard).
- Harvard College Undergraduate Students: Currently enrolled students at Harvard College. This does not include Harvard Extension School Undergraduate Students. You must register with your Harvard email – we can arrange for an alternative email to be used for class after registration is complete.
- Harvard Graduate Students: Currently enrolled students in a Harvard University Graduate Program. This does not include Harvard Extension School Graduate Students.
Registration will begin on Tuesday, July 19th at 2pm for Harvard Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Registration will begin on Wednesday, July 20th at 2pm for Adult Community and Harvard Employees
All registered students will receive a confirmation with class syllabus one week prior to the start date.
- For questions regarding course content, policies, staffing or facilities, please contact Director, Kathy King.
- For questions regarding registration, purchase of tools and materials, please contact Administrative Coordinator, Ji-Eun Kim.
- For questions regarding electric kiln certification, materials, studio equipment and safety policies, please contact Operations Coordinator, Geoff Booras at firstname.lastname@example.org.