Dates: February 12 - April 16 (10 classes/12 weeks) - CLASS IS WAITLISTED
Day/Time: Saturdays, 10:00am – 1:00pm
Level: Beginning - Intermediate
Instructor: Diane Lulek
Course Description: Harvard undergraduate and graduate students - ready to try your hand at the wheel? Explore the basics of wheel throwing in this fun and casual class. The instructor will guide you through making a variety of forms to then decorate and glaze and will introduce you to the studio. A great way for Harvard students to take a break and explore your creative side in this fun introduction to clay!
Basic Pottery Tool Kit
Here is the list of available tools and materials at the Ceramics Program. You may also consider ordering from a local supplier (Sheffield Pottery, Amherst Pottery Supply or Portland Pottery). If you have questions, please email Ji-Eun Kim directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Fees: Your course fee covers use of all clays (terra cotta, midrange, and high fire stoneware, sculpture body, porcelain, and midrange casting slip), bisque firing, glazes, and glaze firing up to 6800 cu. inches for 14 weeks of kiln space, as well as 7-day access to the Ceramics Program and its equipment from the start date of your class through April 30th. You are welcome to participate in our Spring Show and Sale, May 4-8th, 2022.
$105 for Harvard College Undergraduate Students; $333 for Harvard Graduate Students.
- Harvard College Undergraduate Students: Currently enrolled students at Harvard College. This does not include Harvard Extension School Undergraduate Students. You must register with your Harvard email – we can arrange for an alternative email to be used for class after registration is complete.
- Harvard Graduate Students: Currently enrolled students in a Harvard University Graduate Program. This does not include Harvard Extension School Graduate Students or Harvard University Doctoral Candidates.
Registration will begin on Tuesday, November 16th at 2pm EST.
All registered students will receive a confirmation with class syllabus one week prior to the start date.
- For questions regarding course content, policies, staffing or facilities, please contact Director, Kathy King.
- For questions regarding registration, purchase of tools and materials, please contact Administrative Coordinator, Ji-Eun Kim.
- For questions regarding electric kiln certification, materials, studio equipment and safety policies, please contact Operations Coordinator, Geoff Booras at email@example.com.